Apply for British High Commission (BHC) Nigeria Recruitment 2020/2021 – There is an ongoing recruitment by British High Commission (BHC) Nigeria to enable all interested and qualified persons to apply successfully. All you need to apply successfully such as requirements, qualifications, eligibility, closing date and how to apply for British High Commission recruitment are all contained here.
- 1 About British High Commission
- 2 Apply for British High Commission (BHC) Nigeria Recruitment 2020/2021
- 3 Job Title: Digital Access Programme Officer
- 4 Airtel Nigeria Recruitment Application Form 2020/2021
- 5 United States (U.S.) Embassy Recruitment Application Form 2020/2021
- 6 How to Apply for British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment 2020
- 7 Closing Date for British High Commission Recruitment 2020/2021
About British High Commission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Apply for British High Commission (BHC) Nigeria Recruitment 2020/2021
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Access Programme Officer
Ref No: 13/20 LOS
Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Working hours per week: 37
Start Date: 1 September, 2020
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Economic and Prosperity
Roles and Responsibilities
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- The Digital Access Programme Officer (Nigeria) will be responsible for supporting the setup and implementation of the programme in Nigeria – working with the team at post and with the cross-departmental programme team and Programme Management Committee in the UK.
- The role presents a unique opportunity to contribute to advancing the UK-Nigeria relationship on digital inclusion and cybersecurity for development and prosperity at a time when these issues are of increasing importance on the international agenda.
- The indicative time allocation is shown below.
- Starting monthly salary: NGN 539, 370.38
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- The job provides an excellent opportunity to acquire and/or deepen skills in programme administration, management and coordination. It also offers significant exposure to stakeholder engagement in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- The job holder will have access to learning and development opportunities through Prosperity Fund Learning offered by the Joint Funds Unit, as well as in the role, including in advancing her/his capabilities in project administration and management.
How to Apply for British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment 2020
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- This role is Lagos based and reports to the Head of Digital Access Programme in Nigeria, also based in Lagos.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Lagos and Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Nigerian employment law.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on the successful applicant.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
Closing Date for British High Commission Recruitment 2020/2021
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021