British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment Application Form Portal 2021 – This article is written to direct all that wants to apply for British High commission on how to apply successfully using the link portal in this article below
British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment Application Form Portal 2021
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability.
RECOMMENDED: American Lottery Registration Form Portal
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Entry Clearance Assistant
Job ID: 16/21 LOS
Grade: A1 (L)
Start Date: 14 January 2022
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Working hours per week: 37
Duration of Post: 12 months
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Job Subcategory: UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration)
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Main Purpose of Job
- Print visas according to manifests sent from the UK decision-making teams. Assure the security and integrity of visa writing processes according to UKVI policy and guidance
- Manage the content, security and integrity of the passport bank to assure an organised and efficient process according to guidance
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process the printing of documents for cases sent by the UKVI Decision Making Centres (DMCs);
- Manage the content, security and integrity of the passport bank to assure an organised and efficient process according to guidance and security procedures;
- Manage the dispatch process and resolve any complaints or service failures to the VAC, and escalate ongoing problems to a Team Leader;
- Manage logistics for UKVI staff and guests: arrange hotel booking, flights and transport arrangements for official travel in and out of Lagos;
- Undertake enrichment activity requests, following up cases and responding to DMCs in a timely manner. All calls and transcripts are completed professionally and to a high standard;
- Receive, record and follow through to resolve all overturned cases, and manage the Keep My Passport service by commenting on databases and liaising with our commercial partner in line with agreed procedures;
- Perform other ad-hoc duties at special request to support British Deputy High Commission and UKVI business delivery
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Good standard of IT
- Excellent written English skills
- Level of language required: Proficient in English
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a Visa Section or official Government office
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
NGN317,764.81 / Month
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
- Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Learning and Development opportunities will be available to the successful applicant.
- An analysis of training needs will be discussed between the successful candidate and line manager.
How to Apply for British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Important Information / Notice
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Applicants who have met the minimum requirements for this role, but not offered a position may be held on records and invited for future vacancies that may become available within six months of the closing date of this application.
- The British Deputy High Commission in Lagos is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Spouses / registered partners of UK Based Staff are able to work within the BDHC but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa / work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to Obtain the relevant permit; Pay fees for the permit; Make arrangements to relocate; Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position
Application Closing Date: 10th December, 2021.
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates
For questions and challenges, Comment Below