Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment for Observers 2022 – The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) job is recruiting for a suitable candidate to fill a position for Observer. Interested and qualified candidate should kindly apply using the steps and guideline provided in this article below.
- 1 Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment for Observers 2022
- 1.1 Job Title: Observer
- 1.2 Job Description
- 1.3 Accreditation Of Successful Observer Groups
- 1.4 Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- 1.5 Read More:Edo State College of Education (EdoCoE) Recruitment for College Librarian 2022- How to Apply
- 1.6 See Other Articles
- 1.7 How you will be updated regularly
Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment for Observers 2022
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Observer
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) hereby invites registered Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs) and other interested stakeholders whose work is on democracy, governance and election and who wish to observe the 2023 Elections scheduled to hold as follows:
- Presidential and National Assembly on 25th February, 2023
- Governorship and States House of Assembly on 11 March, 2023 to visit (http://observergroups.inecnigeria.org) and complete the application form. This is without prejudice to any previous correspondence with the Commission.
- Completion of the prescribed application form (EC 14A (1)) remains the only accepted means of applying.
- In view of the above, interested observer groups should complete the application form (EC14A (1) and submit same online along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation).
- Observer groups should particularly note that all other information including Legal status, evidence of registration with the Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja among others are to accompany the online application.
- Any falsification of documents in the submissions will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution.
- The list of successful observer groups approved for accreditation will subsequently be published in National Newspapers and on the Commission’s website.
Accreditation Of Successful Observer Groups
- Each successful group would then be required to complete and submit online the Deployment of observer’s form (EC 14A (ii)).
- Successful Observer groups should also note that passport photographs in JPEG format of their members to be deployed to the field shall be arranged on Area Council basis and shall be submitted along with the deployment form (EC 14A (ii)). This is to enable the Commission produce identification / accreditation tags for individual field observer.
- All successful observer groups will be required to sign the Commission’s indemnity form before receiving their accreditation letters.
Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- Observer groups should note that the core principle of election observation as contained in relevant UN, AU, and ECOWAS treaties and protocols, as well as INEC guidelines on Election observation (2008), which includes impartiality, objective and non-partisanship should guide conduct of observers during the election and any observer groups found compromise those principles be banned from future participation in election observation.
- In accordance with the prevailing circumstance in the country, accredited observer groups are expected to comply with all the regulations and protocols on COVID-19 as issued by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC Presidential Task Force, including INEC guidelines on COVID-19 including provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face masks, hand gloves, and hand sanitizers, as well as maintain Social distancing by all their members that will operate in the field on Election Day.
- Details of COVID-19 Protocols as it relates to election are available at (www.inecnigeria.org), Please be guided accordingly.
Read More:Edo State College of Education (EdoCoE) Recruitment for College Librarian 2022- How to Apply
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates / Group (Observer) should:
Click here to apply online
Closing date for Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Recruitment
Application Closing Date 14th October, 2022.