National Democratic Institute (NDI) Recruitment for Senior Accounting Officer 2023- National Democratic Institute (NDI) Recruitment for Senior Accounting Officer. This is to inform the general republic that the on going on job is recruiting for a suitable candidate to fill the position below.
National Democratic Institute (NDI) Recruitment for Senior Accounting Officer 2023
National Democratic Institute (NDI) is a non-profit, non-partisan, non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington D.C. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its partners worldwide have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. In Nigeria, NDI currently operates with funding from USAID and FCDO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accounting Officer
Location: Wuse 2, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
This position reports to: The Senior Accounting Manager
- The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks to hire a Senior Accounting Officer to work with the accounting team.
- The Senior Accounting Officer will support the NDI office in the day to day general accounting operations, processing and verifying financial transactions and preparing monthly financial reports.
- This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria and is available immediately.
- Ensures all accounting processes and /tax processes, etc., are in compliance with NDI policies, local, international, statutory and donor requirements.
- Prepares payment vouchers for approval in compliance with NDI policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Reviews budget(s) and analyzes financial and budgetary reports.
- Conducts mid and end of the month cash reconciliation of Operating Cash Journal with Quicken report.
- Prepare voucher for monthly payroll and related payments for pension, tax, NHF, Workman’s compensation before uploading on the Citidirect.
- Ensure that statutory payments such as PAYE, NHF & Workman’s Compensation (NSITF) remittal retrieval reference code are generated from the remittal platform before uploading payment on Citidirect.
- Prepares all NDI-Nigeria salaries into an online banking platform and transfer to various staff accounts.
- Send request to program/operation teams to submit their monthly budgets for wire of every month
- Provide first check of budgets prepared by the program/logistics team for adherence to internal policies.
- Processes advanced payments to staff and vendors, prepares per-diem, and all travel related per diem expenses for staff, meal allowance for partners, transport reimbursement for participants and consultants; maintains record keeping of all payments, per diems, and other related expenses.
- Issue the cash advance to the requesting staff person.
- Coordinate with program/logistics team to ensure that advances are adequately documented and reconciled.
- Prepare monthly financial report.
- Back up reconciliation package documents before sending to D.C.
- Print out Quicken reports for Bank Reconciliation Vouchers, Salaries, Staff/Vendor Reconciliation, Operating Cash Vouchers and prepares the Naira & USD Bank Charge and Interest voucher for the monthly Financial.
- Send monthly reconciliation package by the 5th or on or before 7th every month to the DC Team
- Scan and store all financial reports and ensure submittal of reports to NDI Headquarters
- Raise, prepare, input all vouchers related to PAYE, NSITF, Pensions, National Housing Fund, Salaries, Life Insurance and Health insurance, etc.
- Ensures full-cycle accounts are payable including vendors’ payment, processing checks, the printing of bank statements, obtaining authorized signatures on all request and distributing payments.
- Maintains an ongoing schedule of payments from the accounting system to assist in cash management.
- Review of monthly reconciliation package (all supporting documents)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related Business field
- 4 – 6 years of previous field experience in accounting, preferably in an international NGO
- Excellent professional oral and written communications skills to effectively present information.
- Excellent oral communications skills to effectively present information
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, spreadsheet and accounting software and Safeguard
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
- And experience in managing and implementing financial procedures and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge in NDI’s financial policies
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, partner organizations,
- Salary is commensurate with the NDI Nigeria salary scale.
- Benefits and a housing allowance will be provided.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and a CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6th February, 2023.