United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Job Recruitment 2018/2019 – This is to inform you of the latest recruitment 2018/2019 by United Nations Development Programme. UNDP – United Nations Development Programme is currently recruiting Radio Operators into 19 positions. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all UNDP activities, they encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women. To apply for UNDP Job Recruitment 2018/2019, try going through this post very well.
UNDP are currently recruiting candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Job ID: 16669
Borno & Yobe 19 positions (Ngala-1, Gwoza-2, Dikwa-2 , Bama-2 , Monguno-2, Damasak-2, Banki-2 , Rann-2, Maiduguri-1, Damaturu-3)
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: Initial duration of one year
- The incumbent is based in Sana’a, servicing the UN common telecommunications systems in Yemen.
- The radio network is monitored 24 hours a day and requires the person holding the post to work shifts and holidays when required.
- The incumbent will report to the Radio Room Supervisor and will be responsible for the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communication focal point for all UN staff in the duty station.
- Rack all UN vehicle movement in the country, so that the locations of all vehicles/staff moving in the field are known.
- Monitor voice and data traffic on all UN radio network.
- Maintain a strict radio discipline, correct wrong use of procedures and as soon as possible report any irregularities relating to misuse or faults to the supervisor.
- Update call sign lists and other contact information for the UN operation in the duty station regularly.
- Distributed information related to communication system is to all agencies.
- Maintain all ICT equipment used in the radio room and keep them in working order.
- Operate any data communication equipment used by the UN common radio room, satellite telephone (email and fax) etc
- Radio Programming as required.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 1: Assesses work with critical eye
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 1: Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objective
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform Level 1: Reliably and consistently interprets information and instruction correctly
- Ability to get things done Level 1: Meets goals and timelines for team deliverables
- Spoken and Written English Level 1: Carries out work, as directed, and demonstrates motivation to develop
- Use of Radio Equipment & Conduct on Radios Level 1: ACarries out work, as directed, and demonstrates motivation to develop
- Professional Use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook Level 1: Carries out work, as directed, and demonstrates motivation to develop
Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Requirement to maintain electronic Radio Room records. Level 1:Carries out work, as directed, and demonstrates motivation to develop
Radio Technical Troubleshooting Skills:
- Ability to Identify Radio Faults and fix them Level 1: Carries out work, as directed, and demonstrates motivation to develop
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge Level 1: Carries out work, as directed, and demonstrates motivation to develop
Promptness and Reliability:
- The Incumbent will work on a rotating shift and will be required to attend work promptly and reliably Level 2: Execute & Learn (Perform defined tasks)
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of Secondary Education.
- 2 years experience working in Radio Rooms.
- Technical Radio Experience, trouble shooting and programming is desirable.
- Excellent Written and Spoken English
- Fluency in the most predominantly spoken language in the north of Nigeria is essential.
How to Apply for Radio Operator at United Nations Development Programme 2018/2019
All Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2018.
In case of any challenge, Speak With Us.
For more updates on UNDP recruitments and other current and available jobs, kindly Subscribe to us using your Email address or LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates.
For questions and contributions, Comment Below