British Council Recruitment Form for Customer Service Officer – This is to inform the general public of British Council Recruitment form that is currently ongoing for all to apply. See how to apply for the job below
British Council Recruitment Form for Customer Service Officer
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service Officer
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract- up till 31 May 2024
Pay band: 4
- The Customer Service Officer role falls under the Customer Management function whose mission is to create advocates and win and retain customers by supporting, coaching, and partnering with them across their journey with the British Council.
- This work is very crucial in sustaining our commercial businesses – specifically, the English and Exams business, and our overarching cultural relations mission.
- The purpose of this role is to contribute to the smooth running of the British Council’s customer service operations in Nigeria by delivering high quality customer service and sales targets in line with corporate standards and policies.
- The post holder will act as British Council’s ambassador and manage all level one queries from global, regional and local teams within the customer service function in order to achieve faster complaint resolution times in line with corporate customer service standards.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder will provide a consistent and positive customer experience in line with the British Council’s Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and polices
- Handle first-level enquiries received in person, by email or telephone on relevant aspects of the British Council’s activities / products, in a friendly and professional manner, in line with Customer Service standards, and forward all 2nd level enquiries to relevant colleagues, ensuring they are attended to within specified timelines
- Support the delivery of examination services / products through leading on contact, registration and pay and post-test activities to defined quality standards, in order to meet customer needs and support the delivery of the in-country Examinations Business Development Plan
- Coordinate with other Exams team members on an ongoing basis to ensure a seamless customer journey. This includes timely escalation of unresolved complaints to the concerned teams.
- Plan and prioritize own work activities, which span across all CS and exam activities, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a daily/weekly/monthly time horizon.
- You will be accountable for agreed individual income and conversion targets every month.
- Build rapport with prospective customers to gain understanding and information to respond to their specific needs and requirements.
- Be the single point of contact for assigned opportunities, guiding them through the journey from first enquiry to final sale.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
- Education to Degree level or equivalent
- Dealing with customers and enquiries in a service environment and providing service within quality standards.
- Experience in handling and reporting income
- At least two years working in a reputable customer service environment with proven positive track record
- Experience working with CRM systems & MS Excel
- Advanced data entry and data analysis experience
- Experience in supervising a group of people to achieve a specific purpose.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus
NGN6,154,368.00 (per annum).
How to Apply for British Council Recruitment Form
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- Must have the right to live and work in the location the role is based.
- Post holder may be required to work on weekends and/or holidays, based on operational demand.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world
Application Deadline 8th May, 2022 , 23:59 Nigeria Time.
How to be updated
To be updated regularly, kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for FREE.
You can also join our Social Media channels