KAS/SAIIA Masters Scholarship Application Form Portal 2022/2023 – This update is to inform the general public on the steps to apply or register for KAS/SAIIA Masters Scholarship that is currently ongoing for all to apply. All you need to register successfully are all contained here.
KAS/SAIIA Masters Scholarship Application Form Portal 2022/2023 – See How to Apply
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation. It was given that name in honor of Germany’s first chancellor. KAS operates worldwide intending to promote democracy through political education and training.
Since 1999 KAS has funded a scholarship programme, run by the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA). This unique scholarship programme provides funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA in parallel to a Masters degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University.
- Successful candidates will receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation. A mentor is appointed to each scholar in the program, which is output-focused.
- This unique scholarship programme provides funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA in parallel to a Masters degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University.
- Applicants must meet all conditions as outlined in the agreement.
- Applicants accepted to a Master’s program beginning in 2022 at one of the following universities may be required to provide documentation proving their enrollment in or acceptance into the program. : Wits, UCT, or Stellenbosch University.
- Successful applicants will receive an official ‘offer’ email and must reply either accepting or rejecting this offer within 14 days of receipt.
- If candidates don’t reply within 14 days, the scholarship award will be revoked and given to someone else. Scholarships are granted out based on predetermined eligibility requirements. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for the scholarship.
- Providing false or misleading information is an offense. If KAS and SAIIA have reason to believe that you have provided false or misleading information, we may reassess your scholarship offer and you will be liable to repay the total sum of any payments incorrectly made to you.
- All scholarship holders must be South African residents or eligible for residency at the time of application.
- All applicants should be no older than 30 years old.
Documents Required for Application
- A letter of support/endorsement from one of your current lecturers for enrollment into a Masters Programme.
- A full CV that includes at least one additional written reference with your application.
- Your full academic record.
- Two written samples of your own writing.
- Applicants must also attach a two-page motivation of why they should be considered for the scholarship programme.
- Completed quiz (open for qualifying applicants only)
How to Apply for KAS/SAIIA Masters Scholarship 2022/2023
Closing Date for KAS/SAIIA Masters Scholarship Application Form Portal 2022/2023
Application closes on 30th September, 2022.