NYSC Requirements and Registration Guideline for Foreign Graduates that wants to be mobilized – www.nysc.gov.ng

Spread the love

NYSC Batch C 2018/2019


NYSC Requirements and Registration Guideline for Abroad or Foreign Graduates – This article is for prospective NYSC candidates that schooled abroad (outside Nigeria). All foreign graduates can now do their NYSC MOBILIZATION for NYSC Batch A, Batch B and Batch C. The requirements and steps on how to register successfully are all stated in this post. Try as much as you can to go through it very well for an effective registration.


Requirements for NYSC Foreign students’ Registration

Academics qualifications

According to NYSC requirements, all First university degree or HND certificate, official transcription of the First Degree or HND course, Mark sheet (for Indian universities only), O’level- WASC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, IGCE ,GCSE, high school diploma for those schooled in USA (five(5) subjects (including English and mathematics in not less than two(2) sittings)


You are expected to get ready the above listed documents before the registration and mobilization commences.

Note: Print out of online result is not acceptable.

Candidates that did a ‘Top up’ programme/Course are required to upload their foundation Certificate example APTECH, OND, NIIT, INFORMATICTS etc

Medical doctors and optometrists are to provide evidence of completion of Housemanship, registration certificate with the medical and dental council of Nigeria / Optometrists Association of Nigeria as applicable.

Pharmacists shall produce in addition, evidence of completion of internship and registration certificate with Pharmacists council of Nigeria

Nurses are to present original License and Certificate of registration with the Nursing/Midwifery council of Nigeria

Medical Laboratory Scientists are also to present their License and certificate of registration with Medical laboratory scientists Council of Nigeria.

Traveling Documents Required from Foreign Students by NYSC

The documents include:

  • Entry visa to the country of study
  • First Departure Date from Nigeria
  • Date of return to Nigeria after the period of study
  • Date page of the passport
  • Residence Permit (for Graduates from Institutions located within West African Countries Only)

NYSC Foreign Candidates that Lost their International Passport

All foreign candidates that lost their international passport should provide the following:

  • Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport got missing
  • Sworn affidavit
  • Evidence of stay in country of study and a New International Passport
  • Personal Data page of the newly obtained International Passport must be uploaded

NYSC Foreign candidates that misplaced their academic credentials

All NYSC foreign candidates that misplaced their academic credentials should provide the following:

  • Police Report
  • Sworn Affidavit
  • Result from either the examination body for loss of O’level certificates or the institution of graduation for loss of degree, HND, certificates as the case may be.

NOTE: Certificates not written in English Language must be translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a University in Nigeria where the language is studied, before presentation to the NYSC.

For steps on how to correct data of birth and data in NYSC portal Click here

Also, During the online registration, there will be a biometric (thump print)


For further updates about NYSC registration and date for registration, kindly Comment below.

Also, LIKE our Facebook page for further updates… you can do well to subscribe to us using your Email address for free for future updates.



  1. Can someone combine waec 2012 result certificate and neco result 2018 printout for nysc registration as a foreign student?
    2. If the passport date of entry is the same as date of exit due to the fact that one couldn’t get his passport before entering the country as it is in west Africa will one be acceoted for service?

    1. basedonnews says:

      Yes you can combine the results. There is no problem you can use it.

  2. Scholastica says:

    My month of birth in my international passport is not correct. Is July instead of June. Will it affect my Nysc registration batch C

    1. basedonnews says:

      Hope it did not also affect your school age… meanwhile get an affidavit ready declaring your right age

  3. Please what document can I drop for evidence of stay in the country of study… I misplace my passport when I was through with everything.. currently doing a new international passport. So I want what I need to drop…

    1. basedonnews says:

      Do you have your school ID and other related documents gotten from the school

      1. please am a foreign student I lost my passport 3days to camp am planning to go ND do affidavit,please hope it won’t affect me during registration in camp

  4. Modupe Okunola says:

    If I have to register for service as a foreign graduate, do I need my school to send a list of foreign students name to Nigeria before mobilisation? Also, is there any payment attached to registration as a foreign graduate?

    1. basedonnews says:

      You will only pay for the online registration… No. they don’t have to send, you just have to round off and get your documents and statement of results

      1. Can I use my printed weac and neco result for registration

        1. basedonnews says:

          No… original cert is required

  5. Am a foreign student awaiting NYSC batch c registration …….I lost my passport and I just apply for a new one witch I include my husbands name but his name is not on my other credentials and the lost passport too I hope there will not be a problem with the change of name thank u .

    1. basedonnews says:

      Try to get an affidavit ready… it may not disturb you during online registration but while in camp it may

  6. Adeyemi toyibat says:

    how do I check my name on the list as a foreign student

    1. basedonnews says:

      You don’t need to check list, you just register

  7. I have a serious issue tho..i only have my 1st year residence permit in my oldest passport but i cant even find it..any suggestions

  8. My passport is missing and i want register online..am in ghana now and registration will end on the 19th..what am i to do..urgent please

    1. basedonnews says:

      maybe u can upload something else in place of it while you run around for it

  9. Agboola victor says:

    Is state of origin necessary for foreign student for nysc?

  10. Agboola victor says:

    Is state of origin necessary for foreign student for nysc

  11. Debbie Simi says:

    Good afternoon. As a foreign student I schooled at Benin Republic please do I need to pay my school any money so my name will be taken to Abuja so I will be able to serve?

    1. basedonnews says:

      No dear… but you need to get all the required documents

  12. Hello. I just completed school this December, and I want to know when the next NYSC batch would hold. Thanks

    1. basedonnews says:

      it will be this year but there is no stamped date yet dear

  13. anonymous says:

    Please Does a graduate of Triumphant institute of professional go for NYSC

    1. basedonnews says:

      If your school mobilizes you can, if not you can’t… Also confirm if they have been accredited or licensed for NYSC

  14. Yusuf abdulyakeen says:

    Gud evening sir!
    The name on my notification of result is different frm d one on my jamb admission slip (my surname came first instead of my real name).
    As a result I wasn’t allowed to submit a copy of my of my notification n jamb slip @ my schl student affairs devision…..
    They asked me to go 4 jamb correction of names wich I did….. Bt uptil date d name hasn’t been corrected….
    Sir will dat affect my online registration?

    P:s I graduated frm usman danfodiyo university sokoto…

    1. basedonnews says:

      It will affect you if you are mobilized with the name on your jamb result

  15. I am a foreign student. My international passport has expired. Do i need to renew it for nysc or not?

    1. basedonnews says:

      It will be presented, scanned and forwarded to NYSC

  16. Chukwunyere Innocent Ajah says:

    Please can a 31 year old serve in NYSC scheme?

    1. basedonnews says:

      No dear but you insist in serving your fatherland speak to our agent on our Facebook page

  17. Please I schooled in Ghana and graduated in 2016. I have no residence permit at all. My passport has expired and I will be 31 this year. Can I serve in nysc?

    1. basedonnews says:

      No because of ur age but u may collect exemption letter

      1. How can someone get an exemption letter please?

        1. basedonnews says:

          Register, if you are above 30, you will be exempted

  18. please am a foreign student I lost my passport 3days to camp am planning to go ND do affidavit,please hope it won’t affect me during registration in camp

  19. I schooled in ghana, and graduated in 2012, now 31….I have all the document available and I want to go for exception… pls can I approach NYSC office in abuja for the screening and registration at this month of MAY, despite the portal not open yet.

    1. basedonnews says:

      You can only do that when registration starts

  20. I havent collected my waec original cert from my school.finished 2005,will it still be there.? …can I present d printout for verification prior to wen I get my original cert from school…deadline for mobilization is 16/6/2020 so I have only monday to get it,afraid I wont b able to get d original in dat space of time

    1. Forgot to add dat I am foreign trained (doctor)

    2. basedonnews says:

      There is need for you to get it… I believe it will still be there if the schools are still in existence

  21. There was a typo in the spelling of my name in the Nysc Evaluation Letter will this after me?

    1. basedonnews says:

      No if it is understandable

  22. Priceless says:

    If I don’t have a c in maths will it affect my registration for NYSC? Also if I have a second result(neco) Must the two results be original certs?? I’m Foreign student

    1. basedonnews says:

      Originals are required for sighting

  23. Hi, I am looking to start my nysc as soon as possible.

  24. As a foreign student is it possible to use NABTEB result for your registration

  25. Vincent v vitalis says:

    I brought the waec scratch card for the change of date of birth but nothing happened how do I go about it.

    1. basedonnews says:

      Hope you bought the one for verification and not normal result checker

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

google-site-verification: googlea02b72f032db8970.html
error: Content is protected !!