WHO Recruitment Application Form 2021: Latest Job Openings – This is to inform the general public of the latest job opening by World Health Organization (WHO) to enable all interested and qualified persons to apply or register successfully. All you need for a successful application are all contained here
- 1 WHO Recruitment Application Form 2021: Latest Job Openings
WHO Recruitment Application Form 2021: Latest Job Openings
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National Consultant – Coordination of the Differentiated Service Delivery Strategic Initiative (DSD SI) and DSD for HIV Treatment (DSD ART), Nigeria
Reference No: 2101981
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organisation: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 9 Months
Objectives of The Program
- Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) denotes various HIV service delivery approaches centered on people living with HIV (PLHIV) need for simplified and adapted services across the HIV care continuum, including HIV prevention, testing, linkage, ART services, and chronic care. DSD reflects the preferences and expectations of the various sub-populations while reducing unnecessary burdens on the health system.
- This approach involves the thorough assessment of PLHIV to determine the needed level of care and matching them to appropriate services. DSD offers less intensive and less frequent services that are more easily accessible for PLHIV who are clinically stable on antiretroviral therapy (ART), thus reducing the barriers to treatment and care.
- It also refocuses health system resources on those who require more intensive care and follow-up. Similarly, it includes offering more intensive care for clinically unstable people and/or who present with advanced HIV disease.
Description of Duties
Under the general coordination of the WHO Country Representative, the HIV/AIDS Technical Officer’s supervision, the DSD ART consultant will work to accelerate and strengthen the coordination of the DSD SI and DSD ART according to WHO recommendations. Specifically, the WHO DSD ART Consultant will support the Government of Nigeria, NACA/NASCP, and DSD SI providers (local and international):
- Coordinate the DSD SI and the overall DSD activities (including all three areas: HTS, ART & AHD).
- Participate in introduction and engagement meetings to support the selected DSD SI local and international providers engagement in country DSD scenario and key stakeholders.
- Oversee the implementation and monitor the DSD SI (HTS, ART & AHD) progress in the country:
- Facilitate national stakeholders’ meetings/workshops (in-person or virtual considering Covid-19 constraints) to ensure country dialogue on DSD and DSD SI for better understanding, engagement, and implementation.
- Support planning and facilitation of meetings and learning sessions with key stakeholders, share WHO resources.
- Conduct and support monthly data collection, reviews, and detailed quarterly analysis of DSD ART scale-up/implementation in coordination with key stakeholders.
- Provide technical and programmatic support, including reviewing national technical documents (aligned with WHO guidelines and national norms and policies) and implementing DSD ART tools (key DSD SI deliverables).
- Support the development of materials and publications on national experiences, best practices on DSD (and DSD SI).
- Monitor and Evaluate DSD SI implementation outcomes and progress and ensure it follows the country workplan.
- Participate in WHO weekly and/or bi-weekly meetings to report the DSD SI implementation and coordination efforts.
- Conduct situational and ongoing data analysis, technical assistance, produce supporting materials and publications:
- Support the dissemination of policies/approaches to accelerate DSD ART implementation, including alignment with WHO recommendations.
- Perform any other task of its competence assigned by the hierarchy.
- University degree in Medicine / Public Health
- Masters level and above in Medicine / Public Health
- At least 2 years of technical and programmatic experience working on HIV treatment and care in Nigeria, including experience on differentiated HIV treatment services (desirable: experience on HIV service delivery for underserved populations).
- Expertise and experience providing technical support, and experience working with the Global Fund and other HIV actors, including the Ministry of Health and civil societies.
- Experience on HIV service delivery for underserved populations
- Experience with technical writing, literature review, data synthesis and report writing. Good communication, presentation and coordination skills also needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work with experts at national and regional levels, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Excellent organizational skills.
- Other Skills (e.g. IT): Proficient in MS Office Software applications, data analysis and technical presentations
- Promotes WHO’s position in health leadership.
- Communicates in a credible and effective way.
- Fostering integration and teamwork.
- Producing results.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English
How to Apply for WHO Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Closing Date for WHO Recruitment 2021
Application Deadline is 14th May, 2021.