Steps on how to choose or select NYSC States or How states are been allocated to each candidate, Camp Requirements – This is applicable for NYSC Batch A, Batch B and Batch C and also stream I and II. Many persons do fall the victim of serving in states they did not want. Some persons end up choosing states they did not have in mind. This article will guide you well on how to select or choose states during NYSC registration. Also, best NYSC states, top NYSC Allawee or stipends paying states and camp requirements during National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- 1 NYSC zoning’s policy and State Allocation Policy
- 2 LIST OF GEOPOLITICAL ZONES OR REGIONS AND THEIR STATES
- 3 How to Choose NYSC Camp State
- 4 Married Women NYSC Registration
- 5 ABOUT NYSC CAMP
- 6 Requirements or Items Needed for a successful one year Youth Service (NYSC)
- 7 When to arrive to your NYSC Camp Ground or Area
- 8 Things you must do as soon as you get to NYSC Camp
NYSC zoning’s policy and State Allocation Policy
Since 2016 NYSC Batch A when the policy of selecting four (4) states was accredited to all prospective corps members. The selection is at random as you must select from the six zones of Nigeria notwithstanding where you schooled either Nigeria or outside Nigeria (abroad).
It’s no longer new news that the new policy of the NYSC which began from the 2016 Batch A set. The policy allows every corps member to select four (4) States of their choices to serve which the selection is at random from the six zones of NYSC listed below.
In selection of state, you will not be able to select state under your own state of origin and your place of institution as they wants you to view a different area. Most atimes you may not allowed to select from your geopolitical zone or region.
LIST OF GEOPOLITICAL ZONES OR REGIONS AND THEIR STATES
- South East-5 States- Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo.
- South South-6 States- Akwa-ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Rivers.
- South West-6 States- Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo.
- North East-6 States- Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, Yobe.
- North West- 7 States- Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara.
- North Central-6 States- Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau.
How to Choose NYSC Camp State
- One state from the NC (North Central) zone
- One state from either NE (North East) or NW (North West) zones
- One state from either SE (South East) or SS (South South) zones
- One state from the SW (South West) zone
Married Women NYSC Registration
Only Married Women are allowed to serve in any state of their choice i.e. state where their husband is working. This is possible if they can provide the documents listed below
Documents required of married women for registration
- Marriage certificate either from Church, Mosque or Court
- Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
- Husband’s ID card or Drivers’ License
- Letter from Husband’s company or organization
- NEPA Bill or House Rent
- Newspaper publication of change of name
All these documents must be scanned and uploaded to NYSC portal and be presented while at the Camp
ABOUT NYSC CAMP
NYSC Camp is a different area all together, far or near to your place of institution or home town. It is a place where you stay for three (3) weeks before you would be deployed to your Primary Place of Assignment (PPA). Many dies in camp but is not your portion. If you can adhere to this; by behaving yourself, knowing the reason why you are there. Life continues after NYSC. Try as much as you can to avoid any problem that may come up and whatever you may be asked to do, try to do it.
Requirements or Items Needed for a successful one year Youth Service (NYSC)
Your needs in NYSC
These are necessary items that you don’t need to forget, even if you forget your foodstuffs please don’t forget these items, they are;
- Statement of Result
- School ID card
- White background Passport photographs- 10 copies and above
- Call-Up Letter- please do not laminate it.
- Medical Certificate of Fitness indicating your health status
- A Clear Bag file to insert all the above items; also make 5 photocopies each of items above and go with their Original copies also.
Your wants during NYSC
- Bed sheet, pillow case, wrapper, one or two pairs of casual wear for Sundays and burn fire night, Cardigan
- Mosquito Net
- Waist bag- for housing your phones, ID Cards, Handkerchief, biros, etc
- Small-sized Torchlight/Rechargeable lamp (small one please) and Sunglasses (If you are posted to the North)
- Your ATM card(s)
- Stationery; pen, Stapler, pin, gum, permanent marker
- 2 or 3 white T-shirts and shorts
- 2 or 3 pairs of socks and white rubber tennis shoes
- Plastic bucket
- Toiletries Essentials-(Toothbrush & Toothpaste, Bath soap & Sponge, Detergent, Toilet Paper, Towel, slippers, detol).
- Food flask, cup, spoon, water bottle for water during parade.
- Basic drug like Panadol, Paracetamol, malaria drug,flagyl, pain relief drug etc
- Padlocks and key
- For the Ladies could add any other few conveniences.
- Of course Money
When to arrive to your NYSC Camp Ground or Area
Try as much as you can to go to NYSC camp as early as possible. If you are posted to a far area, try to go a day before the stipulated date. Arrival on time will enable you do certain things like registration on time and faster.
Things you must do as soon as you get to NYSC Camp
The screening starts at the entrance of the camp (gate). Your loads are open and properly searched. Please don’t go with items like iron, knives, fork, explosive, etc.
Registration begins with assigning of hostel/bed space; here you will be given tags to identify with. Then the paper registrations proper follow. Try as much as possible to make everything available. Look out for information pasted on notice board or walls and adhere to all the instructions given.
You will get all your camp kits like shirts, shorts and shoes. Ensure you use a marker to write your name and Code Number (CN) on them ‘immediately” You will also be given a tag that will show your Code Number. That will be your temporary ID card. Ensure you carry it everywhere you go (MTN) in camp. Also a meal ticket will be given to you. Misplace it and forget about NYSC food.
Duration at NYSC Camp:
All NYSC candidates last or stay 20 days in Camp. The next day that will make it 21st, they will all leave the camp.
In case of any issue, comment below, you can do well to LIKE our Facebook page or subscribe to us for future updates.
You can as well call; 08169777654 for directives.