UNESCO Recruitment Application Form Portal 2022 – Apply Here – UNESCO Recruitment application form portal is now open for all interested and qualified persons to apply or register using the application link portal in this article below.
UNESCO Recruitment Application Form Portal 2022 – Apply Here
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Post Number: 6NGADM0704RP
Parent Sector: Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Job Family: General Administrative Support
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duration of Contract: 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Overview of the Functions of the Post
- The post is located in UNESCO Office in Abuja, Nigeria and works under the overall delegated authority of the Head/Director of Office, and the direct supervision of the Culture and SHS Programme Specialist(s).
- As a team member, the Programme Assistant provides support in the organization and delivery of programme activities/ projects carrying out a range of office support and administrative functions.
- Produce complete and in final form documents, publications and correspondence related to the work of the Section/ Unit from draft texts. Search, locate, compile, review and update information and data used in the development of documents, work plans and budgets; ensure accuracy and compliance with the approved amounts; enter data in, and run reports from, automated systems in order to support preparation of regular and ad-hoc budgetary/ financial updates, reporting on programme/ project delivery, statistics and/ or projections for use and scrutiny by the supervisor(s) or responsible manager. Provide administrative support for fund raising initiatives.
- Prepare a variety of administrative documentation using examples or templates; initiate administrative procedures and ensure follow-up, including payment follow-up in collaboration with the AO of the Office. Inform team members of specific administrative processes and related procedures to support work planning and timely and coordinated execution of work; produce regular and adhoc reports on outstanding commitments, follow-up and alert team members of outstanding payments, timeframes and bottlenecks. Perform general administrative tasks such as leave and attendance recording; maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit and assist in providing software and office equipment support.
- Organize official meetings, events and workshops by booking venues, equipment and providing other related logistical support. Organize official travel in conjunction with meetings, events and workshops; make travel arrangements; track and prepare itinerary and agenda; facilitate travel by providing/ clarifying information and preparing the necessary documentation such as visa applications. Provide administrative support for the events; collate/ format information and data for presentation in final form; inform participants; organize the distribution of documentation; collect minutes/ information/ documentation and prepare associated documentation.
- Receive, analyze, sort, register and distribute correspondence and documents; update and maintain large distribution lists and process requests for data and reports; determine the importance and priority of documents received and follow-up, draft correspondence and emails; review, proofread and edit outgoing correspondence according to standard practices and protocol ensuring proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; recommend changes/ corrections; and handle arrangement for translations of documents. Maintain information systems and databases in both physical and electronic media by recording, updating and retrieving information, documentation and data. Assist in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Respond to enquiries and follow up on routine outstanding matters; route information and queries as appropriate; provide information to supervisor(s) and colleagues; make appointments, receive visitors and take telephone calls, answering enquiries and/or referring them to the specialist/ service concerned. Liaise with various internal services to obtain additional information/ clarifications. Provide guidance to short-term/ temporary staff on general office processes and procedures, automated systems, computer applications, etc.
- Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
- Completed Secondary, Technical and/or Vocational School Education.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional work in programme support, management, administrative, financial and/or budget administration.
Skills and Competencies:
- Sense of integrity, confidentiality, commitment and reliability;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to provide efficient, quality and timely support and capacity to work efficiently under pressure;
- Strong knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and database packages;
- Ability to work in diverse multi-cultural settings with sensitivity to the local context.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English language.
- Specialized training in Management, Finance, Budget, and/or Administration.
- Relevant experience in the UN/international organizations or similar organizations.
- Knowledge of French language.
Competencies (Core / Managerial):
- Accountability (C)
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- Professionalism (C)
Benefits and Entitlements
- UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
How to Apply for UNESCO Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- Only candidates who are entitled to work in Nigeria may apply to this position.
- Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website.
- No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
- The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
- UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
- UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Closing Date for UNESCO Recruitment
Application Deadline 24th June, 2022.
How to be updated regularly
To be regularly updated, kindly Subscribe to the site for FREE using your Email address.
You can Join our News Channels for Updates