US Embassy Recruitment Application Form Portal 2020/2021 – There is an ongoing recruitment exercise in the US Embassy for all interested and qualified persons to apply successfully using the application form portal. All you need for a successful application portal are all contained in this article below.
- 1 US Embassy Recruitment Application Form Portal 2020/2021
- 2 Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Treatment) – All Interested Candidates (Snr, Prog. Spec. HIV Care and Treatment)
- 3 How to Apply for US Embassy Recruitment 2020/2021
- 4 Closing Date for US Embassy Recruitment Application Form Portal 2020/2021
- 5 Related Jobs;
- 6 How you will be updated regularly
US Embassy Recruitment Application Form Portal 2020/2021
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General, Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Treatment) – All Interested Candidates (Snr, Prog. Spec. HIV Care and Treatment)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2020-061
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: LE – 0550 11
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-11
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start Date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: 50% or less
- Job holder routinely travels to CDC project sites and facilities to monitor prevention activities.
- 25-30% of time will be spent on local and international travel for site visits, workshops, trainings, conference etc.
- The incumbent is a senior project manager and key public health advisor on treatment to the Branch Chief and Team Lead.
- Position is responsible for providing strategic advice and project support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); contributing leadership to the planning of a national program of care and treatment for People Living with HIV (PLHIV), assisting in the development and coordination of assessment activities, and establishing the program’s guidelines, procedures and strategies.
- This position provides the CDC office with the necessary public health leadership and medical expertise to manage CDC sponsored care and treatment activities.
- The incumbent assures collaboration among PEPFAR Nigeria partners involved in HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs and takes the lead in promoting use of internationally recognized best practices in care and treatment among PEPFAR sponsored programs in Nigeria.
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that CDC-Nigeria’s implementing partners achieve extremely ambitious targets for care and treatment over the next few years.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of five years public health experience in the management of HIV treatment programs at local, state or international levels that entails responsibility for evaluation of program activities.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partner.
- Additional one (1) year experience at the managerial level is required.
- MD or MBBS is required. In addition, a Postgraduate Degree in Public Health (MPH) or MSc, or post-graduate Medical Fellowship in Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Pediatrics or Public Health is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- N15,890,203; USD58,186 annually
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply for US Embassy Recruitment 2020/2021
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement
- If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
Residency and / or Work Permit (if applicable)
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
- Certificate or License
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders / Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for US Embassy Recruitment Application Form Portal 2020/2021
Application Deadline is 4th January, 2021.