United Nations (UN) Recruitment Application Form Portal 2021/2022 – The United Nations are currently recruiting all interested and qualified persons into their reputable organization. All you need to apply successfully are all contained in this article below
United Nations (UN) Recruitment Application Form Portal 2021/2022
The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resident Coordinator, D2
Job Opening Number: 20-Sustainable Development-RCS-140869-D-Abuja (X)
Department / Office: Resident Coordinator System
Staffing Exercise: N/A
Org. Setting and Reporting
- In its resolution 72/279 of 31 May 2018, the General Assembly created a dedicated, impartial empowered and sustainable development-focused coordination function for the United Nations development system, drawing on the expertise and assets of all United Nations development system entities, including specialized and non-resident agencies.
- The Resident Coordinator system ensures the coordination of all organizations of the United Nations dealing with operational activities for development at the country level, regardless of the nature of their presence in the country. It encompasses the UN Resident Coordinator, the UN Country Team and Resident Coordinator’s Office and is served by the UN Development Coordination Office.
- In line with this General Assembly mandate, the Resident Coordinator (RC) is the highest ranking representative of the United Nations development system (UNDS) at the country level, with the responsibility to lead United Nations country teams, and ensure system-wide accountability on the ground – including through a matrixed dual reporting model – for the United Nations Cooperation Framework and coordinating UN support to countries in their implementation of the 2030 Agenda. She/he brings to the role an appreciation of the breadth of assets of the United Nations in the service of sustaining peace.
- The Resident Coordinator is the designated representative of – and reports to – the Secretary- General. The Resident Coordinator also reports annually to the host Government on the system-wide implementation of the UNDAF.
- The Resident Coordinator system is focused on the advancement of sustainable development, leaving no one behind, and with the eradication of poverty in all its forms and dimensions as an overarching objective, consistent with the integrated nature of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. In performing her/his functions, the Resident Coordinator is guided by the respective UNDAF and international frameworks, norms and standards agreed amongst the Member States of the United Nations.
- Master’s degree – or equivalent post graduate qualification – in development studies, international relations, political science, economics, social sciences, human rights, law or closely related fields (for otherwise suitably qualified candidates, a first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced post graduate university degree).
- Over 15 years of substantive experience and results in leadership roles at the international level (including five years of cumulative experience in development, human rights, rule of law peace-building or humanitarian work at country level outside of one’s own country).
- Previous RC experience is required. High-level coordination experience at the country or regional level may be considered in lieu of RC experience.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and Arabic is desirable.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review of the applications and/or competency-based interview.
How to Apply for United Nations Recruitment 2021/2022
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Closing Date for United Nations Recruitment 2021/2022
Application Deadline is 19th February, 2021.